Sunday 24 November 2013

Chinese VS Indian.......quality and service!

 
 
To most people who have taken time to understand how the Chinese economy works and what they produce, they know that you can get any quality from China.
 
This is based on my experiences in the last few months, when I have imported stuff and when I have tried to and failed to import stuff. It is all trial and error for me.
 
Please be aware my experiences are limited and have only been doing this for approx a year or so. I do a lot of it online and buy directly from Factories not the markets. As such these are obviously biased to my interests – Shoes and sandals.
 
I can confess to countless times when you ask for samples From China and once you say that they are for destination Kenya, most say, ha they are for Africa. Once they say this, the next thing is that they give you prices for $1 per shoe. Think about it, if a shoe cost 86 shillings, it really doesn’t cost and look like 86 shillings. Meaning it won’t last long.
 
But the Chinese have only branded this very extremely cheap quality ‘ For Africa Quality’ because a majority of the African traders going there are in the look for the cheapest offering. However, the same factories making these poor quality items are also making stuff for world brands like ‘Nike, Adidas, Marks and Spencer, Next, polo etc etc’.
 
On the other hand the Indian factories have a bottom poor quality that is way above the ‘for Africa Quality’ produced by China. However, the culture is very different in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment