Monday 17 March 2014

Nurex Shipping

Nurex shipping




I only choose to write about other businesses only after I have had an experience repeatedly with them



I used Murex to ship my stuff from Mumbai to Kenya by Air in August and had no issue - the price was $8 per kilo and the exchange rate was acceptable within reason



so I decided to sea ship with them in October. My goods only had to wait for a week to get a shipment slot. that was great.



The price was 50k per foot. they were undermant that this was not per CBM. A meter is at least 3 feet so a CBM would be 150k? The lady I talked to seemed not to understand the relation between a meter and a foot.



But I shipped with them anyway, because they did mention that sea shipping is cheaper than air shipping. This made sense and I didn't want to waste any more time on the matter.



They did however mention that they would know the measurements once the ship was loaded. So I phoned to find out the measurement and thus the total price.



well the ship was loaded but no one seemed to know the measurements. This in itself if annoying



So I asked why - and they gave me a long story, but a probably one not too well trained person in India did tell me that the cargo goes via Dubai - first leg. the second leg from Dubai to Kismayu. to get the total cost they would need to know the price of the two legs before they added their margins to give me a cost



But I was just after an estimate?

to me, part of being in a business is being able to manage cash flows. and how can you do this if you cannot get a price off the shipping agent.



My only issue was them is that they quote you a price of 50k per foot - which indicates that once they had the cargo they could get the number of foots and thus give you the price - meaning I had 4 weeks to move my cash around to ensure I had the funds available to clear the shipment....





Oh well... enough said.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Charity, I love your blog, it's so helpful! I'm an English guy dating a Kenyan lady and we are both interested in UK/Kenyan business.
    Love the info you are putting on here.
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ben....Thanks. Just sharing some of my experiences

      Delete