Monday 29 April 2013

importing shoes from UK

Ok.....i like sharing, but take my information or anybody else information with a pinch of salt

in the recent few months - I have been importing shoes from UK to Kenya. Shipping stuff from the UK is easy if you have the contact for the shipping agent, have a british registered credit card and are registered with any of the wholesalers of the shoes or whatever you want to buy

For instance I buy wholesale shoes - they come in a box of 12 on standard - 1 pair of size 3 and 8 each,2 pairs of size 4 and 7 each, 3 pairs of sizes 5 and 6 , making a total of 12 pairs a bvox - the minimum order size is a box. the prices on the website are generally quoted before 20% VAT.

so once you know what you want to buy and from whom then you are good to go. for instance I buy shoes mostly from WWW.CITYSHOES.CO.UK; They have a brand name - so I know this is where fab guru gets her shoes from as well. so once I have decided what shoe I need and the quantity I email the wholesaler with my order, they will normally get back to me in 1 day to tell me what is available and give me an invoice. the invoice includes the postage to send to the shipping agent - thisi s normally £3.50 per 12 shoes i.e. 1 box ; around 500 shillings. the goods arrived within 24 hours or leaving the wholesaler to the shipping agent as long as your agent is in UK as well. then the agent phones you and you sort out the details for shipping to Kenya - I don't get to see the shoes prior to them sending them to Kenya - it is just not necessary.

if you don't have a UK credit card or debit card - them this process is much messy as you have to deposit the money to their bank and wait for 3 days for it to clear etc etc etc

I use a Somali Company to ship my stuff to Kenya - they once had a delay but generally speaking I don't have anything to complain about.

anyway.....here is my shoe page - http://shoecloset254.blogspot.co.uk/

it is much easier if you have all the contacts you need for the entire process; problem is getting started and knowing who to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment